House Republicans Compile List Of Trump Scandals They Fear Democrats Will Investigate If They Win Midterms
There still seem to be many Republican lawmakers who are ready to defend President Donald Trump despite his growing list of controversies, and now GOP House members are reportedly keeping a close watch on this list.
On Monday, Axios reported that Republicans are putting together a spreadsheet of all the Trump-related scandals they fear House Democrats could investigate should they win the midterm elections this fall.
Among those scandals are the following 18 issues:
– Donald Trump’s tax returns
• The Trump Organization and the Trump family’s businesses — and whether or not they adhere to the Constitution’s emoluments clause.
• Trump’s negotiations with Russia, including the president’s preparation for his summit with Vladimir Putin
• The hush-money payment to porn star Stormy Daniels
• The firing of James Comey
• Trump’s firing of U.S. attorneys
• Trump’s suggestion of a transgender ban for the military
• Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin’s financial affairs
• White House staff members’ use of personal email
• Cabinet secretary travel and office expenses
• Talks on classified information at Mar-a-Lago
• Jared Kushner’s compliance with federal ethics regulations
• Firing of members of the EPA’s board of scientific advisers
• The Muslim travel ban
• Immigrant family separations crisis
• Hurricane Maria response in Puerto Rico
• Election security and attempts to hack DNC emails and other email servers
• White House security clearances
There is clearly a long list of controversies GOP lawmakers are concerned Democrats will look into, although it appears safe to say that most of these issues will likely not be investigated unless Democrats win the majority in November.
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!