A member of the U.S. military who is President Donald Trump‘s personal valet has tested positive for coronavirus (COVID-19).

Following the outbreak within the White House, Trump announced that he and his Vice President Mike Pence are safe from the virus.

“We were recently notified by the White House Medical Unit that a member of the United States Military, who works on the White House campus, has tested positive for Coronavirus,” deputy White House press secretary Hogan Gidley said in a statement.

“The President and the Vice President have since tested negative for the virus and they remain in great health.”

Trump also said he and his valet had a “very little personal contact,” and said that he would be tested every day to make sure he is free of this novel virus.

The White House did not disclose the name of the U.S. military member who tested positive for coronavirus.

Trump’s administration reportedly has prepared 100,000 body bags for the country’s coronavirus dead, although the president had initially speculated that the death would not exceed 60,000.

The death toll passed 76,000 as of Friday morning.

Trump has supported governors who began to loosen restrictions on social distancing and business activity in their states while consistently arguing for reopening the U.S. economy.

“Will some people be affected badly? Yes,” Trump said earlier this week. “But we have to get our country open, and we have to get it open soon.”

CORONAVIRUS FAQ: WIKI OF MOST FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS 

Read more about:

Get the free uPolitics mobile app for the latest political news and videos

iPhone Android