News

Trump Transferred To Walter Reed Medical Center After COVID-19 Diagnosis

President Donald Trump will be staying at the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center “for the next few days” due to his COVID-19 diagnosis.

“President Trump remains in good spirits, has mild symptoms, and has been working throughout the day,” White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany said in a statement. “Out of an abundance of caution, and at the recommendation of his physician and medical experts, the President will be working from the presidential offices at Walter Reed for the next few days. President Trump appreciates the outpouring of support for both he and the First Lady.”

Trump revealed early Friday morning that both he and First Lady Melania Trump tested positive for COVID-19, presumably after coming in close contact with senior adviser Hope Hicks, who was reported to have tested positive on Thursday.

The president is experiencing “mild” symptoms, White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows told reporters Friday. Melania wrote on Twitter that she too has mild symptoms.

Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!

A week of political news in your in-box.
We find the news you need to know, so you don't have to.

The president has a low-grade fever, nasal congestion and a cough.

Trump appeared in public for the first time since announcing his positive test result at 6:16 p.m. ET to walk to his helicopter to go to Walter Reed. He did not display any outward signs of illness as he waved to the media.

After his arrival at the hospital, Trump posted a short video on Twitter assuring the public he is doing “very well.”

“I want to thank everybody for the tremendous support. I’m going to Walter Reed Hospital,” Trump said. “I think I’m doing very well. We’re going to make sure that things work out. The first lady is doing very well. So thank you very much, I appreciate it. I will never forget it. Thank you.”

Vice President Mike Pence tested negative for the virus, but it can take up to two weeks for the virus to become detectable on a test.

The Trump campaign has postponed all in-person campaign events involving the president or his family.

“All previously announced campaign events involving the President’s participation are in the process of being moved to virtual events or are being temporarily postponed,” campaign manager Bill Stepien said in a statement. “In addition, previously announced events involving members of the first family are also being temporarily postponed.”

Katherine Huggins

Recent Posts

VIDEO: Trump Announces Huge Tariffs On All Imports – Economists Say It Will Lead To A Recession

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/t4Yuj5JQkT8 Supporters of President Donald Trump cheered as he unveiled a sweeping set of tariffs…

4 hours ago

Elon Musk Set To Leave Trump Administration After Wisconsin Election Disaster

Controversial tech billionaire Elon Musk will leave the Trump Administration in the next month, President…

8 hours ago

VIDEO: Sen. Cory Booker Breaks Record For Longest-Ever Senate Speech Protesting Trump Policies

https://youtu.be/ZLOWOkWhEag Sen. Cory Booker (D-New Jersey) held the Senate floor with a historic speech that…

1 day ago

Democratic-Backed Judge Susan Crawford Wins Seat On Wisconsin Supreme Court In Major Rebuke Of Elon Musk

Democratic-backed Judge Susan Crawford won a seat in the Wisconsin Supreme Court after beating Republican-backed…

1 day ago

Trump Claimed He Hadn’t Read Project 2025 During Campaign, But His Executive Actions Align Closely With Its Proposals

President Donald Trump surprised his administration last week by proposing that the country's primary disaster…

2 days ago

Social Security Administration At ‘Risk Of Collapse’ After DOGE Cuts, Former Head Martin O’Malley Warns

The former head of the Social Security Administration (SSA), Martin O’Malley, has issued another dire…

2 days ago