YouTube Extends Suspension Of Trump’s Channel
YouTube, which suspended former President Donald Trump‘s official channel on January 12, announced Tuesday that it will remain suspended.
Trump’s channel was suspended for inciting violence following the siege of the U.S. Capitol on January 6. The suspension prevents the uploading of new videos or live streams to the channel.
“In light of concerns about the ongoing potential violence, the Donald J. Trump channel will remain suspended,” YouTube said in a statement. “Our teams are staying vigilant and closely monitoring for any new developments.”
Following the suspension, YouTube removed a video where Trump told reporters that his impeachment for inciting violence at the Capitol would be “very dangerous for the USA.”
A week of political news in your in-box.
We find the news you need to know, so you don't have to.
Before YouTube’s decision to suspend the channel, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat had already blocked Trump’s channels due to the Capitol riots.
Facebook blocked Trump indefinitely, saying, “We believe the risks of allowing the President to continue to use our service during this period are simply too great.”
The Facebook Oversight Board of the app has 90 days to decide whether or not Trump will be allowed back on the platform.
Twitter permanently banned Trump on January 8, “due to the risk of further incitement of violence,” the company said.
Leave a comment
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!