Kevin McCarthy Says ‘It’s All Good’ With Trump After Ex President Attacks Him
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-California) said everything is fine between him and former President Donald Trump after Trump blasted him last week over his decision to yank his nominations for the House select committee investigating the January 6 Capitol attack a year ago.
McCarthy made the decision after two of his nominations were vetoed by Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-California).
“Unfortunately, a bad decision was made,” Trump told conservative radio host Wayne Allen Root. “This committee — it was a bad decision not to have representation on this committee. That was a very, very foolish decision.”
“We have no representation on this panel,” Trump added. “We should certainly have some Republicans, real Republicans … We have nobody on that panel who can fight back.”
Trump added McCarthy should have picked other people to replace Pelosi’s rejected nominations.
McCarthy defended his position in an appearance on Fox News.
“The right decision was the decision I made,” he told Dana Perino on Monday. “If other people change their opinion, read the rules, and I think they’ll come right back to the same conclusion.”
After being pressed by Perino, McCarthy acknowledged that he has spoken to Trump since last week’s comments and that everything between them is “all good.”
Get the most-revealing celebrity conversations with the uInterview podcast!