Donald Trump talks to reporters outside White House
CBS News has called out the White House and the Trump Administration for breaking their agreement and releasing President Donald Trump‘s 60 Minutes interview days before its planned air date.
In a statement, CBS said, “The White House’s unprecedented decision to disregard their agreement with CBS News and release their footage will not deter ’60 Minutes’ from providing its full, fair and contextual reporting which presidents have participated in for decades.”
The president decided to post the 38-minute interview after threatening multiple times on social media.
He also lashed out at the interview’s host Lesley Stahl for displaying “bias, hatred and rudeness” on the set.
Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!
A week of political news in your in-box.
We find the news you need to know, so you don't have to.
CBS has said that the White House recorded the interview alongside the actual recording for “archival purposes.”
Agreements had been made to release the full interview before its airing date on Sunday.
President Donald Trump placed tariffs on almost 90% of nations, including some uninhabited areas, during…
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/t4Yuj5JQkT8 Supporters of President Donald Trump cheered as he unveiled a sweeping set of tariffs…
Controversial tech billionaire Elon Musk will leave the Trump Administration in the next month, President…
https://youtu.be/ZLOWOkWhEag Sen. Cory Booker (D-New Jersey) held the Senate floor with a historic speech that…
Democratic-backed Judge Susan Crawford won a seat in the Wisconsin Supreme Court after beating Republican-backed…
President Donald Trump surprised his administration last week by proposing that the country's primary disaster…