Donald Trump talks to reporters outside White House
CBS News has called out the White House and the Trump Administration for breaking their agreement and releasing President Donald Trump‘s 60 Minutes interview days before its planned air date.
In a statement, CBS said, “The White House’s unprecedented decision to disregard their agreement with CBS News and release their footage will not deter ’60 Minutes’ from providing its full, fair and contextual reporting which presidents have participated in for decades.”
The president decided to post the 38-minute interview after threatening multiple times on social media.
He also lashed out at the interview’s host Lesley Stahl for displaying “bias, hatred and rudeness” on the set.
Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!
A week of political news in your in-box.
We find the news you need to know, so you don't have to.
CBS has said that the White House recorded the interview alongside the actual recording for “archival purposes.”
Agreements had been made to release the full interview before its airing date on Sunday.
On Monday, the Trump Administration released thousands of files related to the assassination of Martin…
The Department of Justice interviewed Jeffrey Epstein’s former partner, Ghislaine Maxwell, on Thursday following a…
Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell corrected President Donald Trump on Thursday during a tour of…
At President Donald Trump's sixth Cabinet meeting held earlier this month, the room filled with…
The Trump Administration deported five migrants with criminal records to a small African country last…
The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office's final estimate for the impact of President Donald Trump's "Big,…