News

Trump Drops ABC Debate, Announces Fox News Debate

Former President Donald Trump announced that he would not debate Vice President Kamala Harris as planned in an ABC debate but instead has scheduled his own debate with Fox News.

In a series of posts on Truth Social, Trump announced that he would not attend the planned ABC debate and has scheduled a debate with Fox News. This has further increased the probability that the candidates will not formally debate ahead of the November election.

The ABC debate, which Trump pulled out of, is planned for Sept. 10, while the Fox News debate that Trump announced is set to take place on Sept. 4 with similar rules to the debate he attended alongside President Joe Biden. Trump announced that the Fox News debate will have a full studio audience, unlike the mostly empty studio where Biden and Trump debated.

Trump told his followers that if Harris does not agree to the new debate terms, he will use the event as a “major town hall.” It is currently unclear if ABC will use the debate as a town hall for Harris if Trump does not attend.

Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter!

A week of political news in your in-box.
We find the news you need to know, so you don't have to.

Michael Tyler, a spokesperson for Harris, said that Trump “is running scared and trying to back out of the debate he already agreed to and running straight to Fox News to bail him out.” Tyler also said that Harris is committed to the ABC debate and plans to attend “one way or the other to take the opportunity to speak to a prime-time national audience.”

Trump responded to these comments on Truth Social, writing, “I’ll see her on September 4th or, I won’t see her at all.”

The former president cited his legal proceedings against ABC as a “conflict of interest” because he sued the network in March following a comment by an ABC anchor saying that Trump was “liable for rape.” He also claimed that the network is biased against him.

There has been some back-and-forth regarding whether or not Trump will debate Harris. He told Fox News that he thinks that voters “already know everything” about the candidates but has also announced that he feels an obligation to debate.

Trump was committed to the ABC debate against Biden even after the lawsuit was filed.

Hannah Molayal

Recent Posts

Elon Musk Set To Leave Trump Administration After Wisconsin Election Disaster

Controversial tech billionaire Elon Musk will leave the Trump Administration in the next month, President…

3 hours ago

VIDEO: Sen. Cory Booker Breaks Record For Longest-Ever Senate Speech Protesting Trump Policies

https://youtu.be/ZLOWOkWhEag Sen. Cory Booker (D-New Jersey) held the Senate floor with a historic speech that…

20 hours ago

Democratic-Backed Judge Susan Crawford Wins Seat On Wisconsin Supreme Court By Wide Margin In Major Rebuke Of Elon Musk

Democratic-backed Judge Susan Crawford won a seat in the Wisconsin Supreme Court after beating Republican-backed…

1 day ago

Trump Claimed He Hadn’t Read Project 2025 During Campaign, But His Executive Actions Align Closely With Its Proposals

President Donald Trump surprised his administration last week by proposing that the country's primary disaster…

2 days ago

Social Security Administration At ‘Risk Of Collapse’ After DOGE Cuts, Former Head Martin O’Malley Warns

The former head of the Social Security Administration (SSA), Martin O’Malley, has issued another dire…

2 days ago

J.D. Vance’s Visit To Greenland Falls Flat As He Criticizes Denmark’s Rule Of The Island

Vice President J.D. Vance has accused Denmark of under-investing in Greenland’s security. His comments, made…

3 days ago