Home Depot is facing boycott calls after its co-founder Bernie Marcus revealed he intends to back President Donald Trump‘s 2020 re-election bid.

The hashtag #BoycottHomeDepot quickly began trending on Twitter Tuesday, with many users saying they would turn to Lowe’s instead for their home improvement supplies.

Marcus, 90, said in an interview published in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution over the weekend that he admired Trump for holding “a businessman’s common sense approach to most things.”

“Now, do I agree with every move that he makes? No, I don’t,” added Marcus, who left his post as Home Depot’s chairman in 2002. “But the truth is he has produced more than anybody else. He has,” Marcus added. “If we look at this country, I would say that we are better off today than we were eight years ago or six years ago.”

Marcus reportedly contributed $7 million to Trump’s 2016 campaign and wrote an essay explaining his support for the real estate mogul, and boycotts of the home improvement supplies store previously came shortly after this news broke. The billionaire former Home Depot executive has also donated large sums to philanthropic causes over his life.

SLIDESHOW: TOP DEMOCRATS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT IN 2020


Some conservative pundits reacted to the boycotts with mockery and by saying they believe most liberals have never even set foot in a Home Depot. Others also noted that business boycotts are absurd because they can sometimes backfire and actually cause a corporation’s sales to increase. According to MarketWatch, a Home Depot representative said Marcus “isn’t speaking on behalf of the company” in his statement supporting Trump.